Baby Diddo's latest antic involves carrying around his doggies (3 of them) and his baby daughter. It's a little beanie baby that he carries around the house and if he doesn't have her he'll say "where's baby daughter" in the sweetest little voice. There are numerous other dolls he likes but those are his favorites.
Landon's vocab has really taken off this past month. He repeats everything and his latest is "what that". But it's the way he says it, in this fast, high pitch tone. It cracks us up every time. Tonight, while getting ready to go on a bike ride, he followed me around the bathroom asking "what that? what that? what that?". And I answered him every single time. Even when we are reading books, he interrupts me, pointing to objects on the page "what that?".
He is very affectionate and loves snuggling up with his brothers or Nathan and I. He gives hugs to his brothers before bed and if he hears them cry he runs over, rubs their back and always hunts down "buddy" for Biruk.
However, he has an attitude that can make you want to pull your hair out. The little booger used to eat everything under the sun and has now made mealtime a nightmare. His brothers went through this phase but it ended much quicker. Landon is standing his ground, night after night. It's exhausting sometimes.
I find myself constantly amazed watching him with his big brothers (or them with him) and I can't help but think about what a blessing it was that he joined our family. Somehow we've managed to get 3 completely opposite personalities and it only makes each individual all the better.
Landon will be 2 next month and I'm so happy with where things are right now. It's definitely the most content I've felt since becoming a mother and it's such a great feeling. I feel at peace as a mother and I'm really enjoying the time spent with these 3 little sweethearts. This time is so precious and I am thankful to be able to spend my days with them. I think if I could freeze time I would be very tempted to do just that.
Landon, thanks for making all of our lives richer and more full of love and laughter. You are something special and I'm so thankful for the moment you joined our lives! Your baby days are numbered and I'll be so sad when your sweet arm rolls, chubby little legs and buddha belly are no longer there. Please take your time growing up because your big brothers have done so too quickly. Love ya kiddo!
Baby daughter, huh? Maybe he's trying to tell you something ;). Love those rolls!
ReplyDeletei like the, "what that" oh I cant wait to see you guys, 3 weeks, 3weeks. :)
ReplyDeleteHe's so sweet--I can see why you let him get away with everything. Thanks for your call...life is spinning!
ReplyDeleteHe is getting big! SO handsome!
ReplyDelete