Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

This year I looked at Mother's Day a little differently. Friday I spent a little more time thinking about what it meant to me and of course, my mind continued to go back to our 3 little boys. I am so grateful for them and like most mothers, I tend to criticize myself and constantly try to improve. So Friday night I decided we needed to spend the next day with all our attention on our boys. So we spent the day at a state park near our house hiking with the boys, enjoying a picnic, playing at the playground and spending the afternoon watching the boys play in the sand at the beach. It was perfect!! I forget my camera which is very unusual for me but it allowed me to focus so much more on the day, and not taking photos. We brought their buckets and shovels and they played so peacefully in the sand. It's moments like this that remind you of what's important in life. I am aware that we are fortunate enough to have these luxuries (weekends spent with each other and not one of us working) and we try taking advantage of it. So with that being said, I think each year, we'll spend the day before Mother's Day with our children and away from all distractions.

Happy Mother's day to all of you wonderful mothers in my life. I've learned so much from all of you!! And of course, to my own mother, who has done SOOOO much for me. Thank you Karen!! You are a superstar and I am still amazed that you managed to come out alive after raising 11 children. Love YOU!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:19 PM

    Happy Mothers Day Chand. Hope it's a good one.

    Keel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:02 PM

    Nice family photo - Happy Mothers Day!!!

    pity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:32 PM

    Happy Mother's Day Dear. Love you. Nater

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mum's Day! (strange, they had this holiday weeks ago here and I totally forgot there was another one in the states, lol) sometimes i think it better to not have the camera, it can get in the way of soaking it all up. :)

    ReplyDelete