Friday, January 29, 2010

It can't get better than this...

There is so much I want to say but my brain is usually too excited to put it into words so I'll bullet point and post some pictures today.

- I woke this morning, rolled over to look out the window and I was greeted by massive snowflakes falling from the sky. It hasn't stopped snowing yet. Combine that with happy kids equaling one happy mama :)

- Biruk has been peeing/pooping on potty for months now. Today he brought me underwear and wanted to put them on. He wore them all morning without an accident. We are ready to get the potty show on the road! I'm hoping with both of our determination we'll be full on potty trained very quickly.

- Landon wanted to try as well (see pictures below). He was not as successful.

- Landon has now picked up on Biruk's phrases and now says "No onner, No biruuu or bad Biruuuu, bad onnner". His vocabularly is increasing very rapidly and I think he's trying very hard to keep up with his big brother.

- We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new house and especially the view out all our windows. I've been meaning to blog about the house just haven't gotten around it. We fell in love with this home because of the back yard. There is green belt space behind us full of pine trees and some hardwoods. We'll be doing lots of exploring out there this spring and we love the privacy it offers. We are so, so, so grateful!!

- I'd love to blog about Haiti but getting my emotions into words is very hard for me. It's been on my mind a lot and I'm amazed by the kindness, dedication and determination of so many people. Please keep them in your thoughts!

- Biruk has been a snuggling fool lately and it's been making my heart burst with joy. He's always been good about wanting held, hesitant around other people and very clingy but he's not one to offer real intimate affection. But he's really letting go of that side of him and I couldn't be more thankful!! I love ya B!!

- Conner has to be one of the easiest 4 year olds around. He doesn't give Nathan and I much grief, he's easily adjusted to yet another bedroom and is immensely helpful with his little brothers. Thank you Conner :)

- And little Lando. He's definitely the babe of the family and knows it. Just one look at his cheeks and it's all over with him. He is loving his dad these days and watching "ootball" with him.

- After 4 years of parenting I'm finally feeling like I've got the knack for it. Maybe it's moving, maybe it's time and patience or not having 2 infants anymore. Maybe it's getting 7 hours of sleep a night. Maybe it's life slowing down to where I can enjoy all the wonderful moments with my boys. Or, most likely, a combination of all of them. Whatever the case, I couldn't be happier to feel like my old self again. I've missed me. It's good to be back!

- I plan on staring out the window the rest of the day and watching these beautiful flakes fall from the sky. And hopefully I'll get bundled up with the boys after their naps for some "snow time". Have a great weekend, enjoy the pictures and leave a comment to say hello!! Best to you and yours!
sincerely, chatter

- p.s. I LOVE SNOW!!! Currently 8 hours of watching it fall and the excitement isn't fading. Yeah :)
- p.p.s. I wrote this post about 8 hours ago and still haven't added the pictures. I will do a picture post another time. We ended up getting at least 5 or 6 inches of snow today. We played outside with the boys tonight and hope to spend more time out there tomorrow. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day.

6 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and I really enjoyed reading such a happy, livin'-and-lovin'-in-the-moment post. Now I can't stop smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see some new house pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:58 PM

    snow...thats awesome - glad to hear everything is going well

    pity

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound so happy, and I've just read a few of the many, many posts I've been missing in my blog-hiatus. I can't wait to come back and watch the video and read more. Your six years sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad all is going so well! We'll be up soon for a visit, looking forward to seeing how you made your house into your home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the moments where you look around and realize that you wouldn't change a single thing. Okay, maybe you would have put on a pair of socks without a hole, but other than that, not a thing. Enjoy the moments.

    ReplyDelete