Twenty ten. That's what the hubby suggested we call it and I think I like it. It's so much easier than two-thousand ten. Don't cha think? That being said 2010 is starting out with a bang. We came home from Florida on the second and found out the house we've wanted since Mid-November was actually going to happen. We will hopefully have this home in the next 10 days (details to come, I'm scared of jinxing it). We are packing, cleaning and shuffling paperwork. And hopefully moving very, very soon.
We had a wonderful vacation in Florida. We left in the blizzard weather of OK traveling at a rate of 30mph the first 4 hours. We all handled it well and enjoyed the scenery (minus the 100 plus cars in the ditch). The FL trip was a family reuntion as well as my brother in law's wedding. They got married on the beach and the only additional wedding party member was Conner as the ringbear. He took his job very seriously and made us proud with his excellent behavior. And since Conner was so excited about being a part of the wedding and fully understanding the concept he proudly announced on the drive home "I can't wait to marry Lily". If I'd only had it on video.
Conner now has 4 girlfriends; including Lexie & Sadie, teenage cousins from Nathan's family we hung out with in Florida as well as Lily and his original - Miss Angie. I never saw this one coming. Oh the joys of parenthood. Conner's working on reading, counting (we are starting on math) and he's still a little sponge with an insane memory. He keeps mentioning all the things we left in Joplin (that I'm hoping will one day be found in boxes). He keeps us entertained with his comments and discussions and so far has been in awesome big brother. Keep it up kid!
Biruk is still Biruk. Everything is doing on his terms. From pooping on potty, to talking and when he'd like affection. He can say a word or phrase perfectly clear but if you were to ask him to say it again he'd look at you and mumble something. He still is so giving with his smiles and other than the occasional tantrum he's a pretty happy kid (again - under his terms). His speech has really picked up these past couple months and I look forward to hearing what the little guy has to say. He's still pretty tight with his yellow sheep we call Buddy (such an original name) but he did manage to fall asleep without him twice last week. He is still our most dramatic child and I will not all be surprised if he pursues theatre and acting. He's perfect for it! He challenges us in many ways but at the same token is such an easy child. We love ya B!!!
And little Landon. Would you please pull the bur out of your butt?! I'm not sure what his deal has been but the little fella has been walking around with a chip on his shoulder for the past week. Thankfully Nathan distracted him with football and other games this weekend to give me a break. I'm hoping he'll wake up a happier child tomorrow. When he is not clinging to my leg and crying "mama, maaaamaaaa" he loves chasing around his brothers and he loves "football". He has loved any ball from a young age and this has not let up at all. While in Florida he started saying "Onner" (for Conner) and "Bir..", sometimes "BirU" (for Biruk) and it's the most adorable thing ever. We all cheer which only makes him do it more. He also nods his head yes to everything you ask him. Unless he really understands the question then he'll give us a shake no. Otherwise it's 90% yes. The kid is still a hunk a chunk but a runt in comparison to Conner at his age.
Life with 3 so young has been interesting but I'm happy to report that I'm finally getting the hang of it. Maybe it's because they are getting older and life isn't so chaotic as it has been in the past. Maybe it's the move, or maybe (just maybe) I'm becoming more patient. Whatever the case, it's nice to feel this way. It's been fun seeing 3 (totally) different personalities emerge from these boys and I feel honored and blessed to be around every day to witness the changes. And to share in their life.
Happy 20-10 everyone :) Hope you all made some New Year's resolutions for me because once again, I didn't make any.
Pictures?!? :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the house! Looking forward to hearing more about that soon. Sounds like you're pretty excited about it.
Yes, I think you're getting more patient. Things have gotten much easier over here too...and I attribute it all to me :-) Haha. No, actually I think that not having a child under a year and a half makes a big difference. Now, did I just say that? We're about to have a child under 18 months join us this summer (we hope). Ah well, more strengthening of my patience.
I made some Ethiopian food for Genna and thought of you...I have a bunch of Ethiopian recipes that I'll email you.
Sarah
how often do people really stick to their resolutions - seriously i don't even bother making them :)
ReplyDelete