Monday, June 15, 2009

Cast Away...

Nathan decided he could no longer handle his cast anymore. So his dad offered his assistance and the two of them got to work. They first attempted to cut at it with some tin snips. The cast was putting up quite the fight.

Next they decided on something stronger and opted for a box cutter (most likely one with a dull blade) and got to work. At this point I was certain they were merely snagging it and he was going to be stuck with it until his doctors appointment.


So I grabbed a magazine and sat down to eat my lunch at the table. Next thing I know they were tearing at the outside of the cast and I was greeted with this
view.



And poor Tom had this view. And as he ripped it off he was smacked in the face with 2.5 weeks of dirt and odors tucked under the cast. And Tom was much more thoughtful and polite then I would have been!

7 comments:

  1. Sweet. When the box cutter came out I thought this post was going to be about going to the hospital for a different injury.

    Nice work, Nate. Real men don't go to doctors for cast removals. They only go to doctors when they smash their hands into concrete while hopping around like a raving mad primate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:30 PM

    Unfortunately I still have to go to the Doc tomorrow for an Xray and probably a lecture about why I shouldn't remove my own cast. Thanks to my Dad for the help. Chandra, nice word play on the post title. Well done.

    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casts are gross. Glad to hear you're back in action, Nate. When is the next monkey show?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:51 AM

    If you look in the background of the first pic you can see Nate was his own anesthetist too. Personally, I would have gone with something a little harder...

    -kip

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious. You guys going to be at the mehaber this weekend? Hopefully, I want to meet you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least they didn't get the circular saw out or something! :) Now that would have been scary.

    ReplyDelete