Saturday, April 18, 2009

Makes my heart go pitter patter...

This morning I enjoyed my breakfast while observing the 3 boys watching their dad mow the the lawn. Landon sat in his high chair on the back deck, Biruk in the swing and Conner chilling up in his fort. At one point I looked out and every one of them had their eyes glued on Nathan. Three little boys watching their father with such intensity and three little voices shouting out "Da.da.da.da, daddy and dad". As I sat there watching them, it occurred to me; this is just the beginning. The start of the rest of their lives. They will always be looking up to their dad as their role model, teacher and friend. And I know he will be there to walk them along, hold their hand when they need it and carry them on his shoulders when they get tired.

These are the days that remind me of just how lucky I am. And how much I love this crazy life of ours.

2 comments:

  1. Where are my daily pictures?!?!

    I want my money back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, my friend. And it just gets better and better, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete