But back to the day, then I watched American Idol tonight because the episode was geared towards "Giving It Back" and they were raising money all night for charities in the US and Africa. Well they showed footage of Africa and it just broke my heart. It's so sad that people have to die, every second, of every minute to AIDS. Or that a 12 year old boy and his 7 year old sister have to live by themselves because their parents died. Or that children even younger that that are orphaned every single day and living on the streets. What about in America? They did a segment on a family in Kentucky and the mother can't even read. It just breaks your heart. And days like today I can hardly handle...
With that I will try harder to become more frugal, give back to others, educate people around me and most importantly be a better person and mother. I read a blog tonight from a young lady that is a senior in high school with seven siblings. Me trying explain it would not do it justice. You can check out her blog at http://afamilyoften.blogspot.com . I hope I can raise my kids to have such compassion for each other and the world.
Sorry to be a downer tonight. Normally I keep these days to myself but I thought I'd share tonight. I'm going to try to write more frequently because it feels good to get my feelings out.
With that I had a WONDERFUL time seeing my family back in Indiana. I can't believe how much closer we all have gotten as we've gotten older. Not that we weren't close before it's just that the intimacy is changing. Thanks to all my siblings for being such a LARGE part of my life. I wouldn't be me without YOU!
And of course to my wonderful husband, who has a way of making the aches and pains more bearable and for walking down the path of life with me, specifically parenthood. You are such a wonderful father and husband. It's been amazing watching you with little man and I can't wait to see you with the next. I know, life with you, only gets better! I love you!!! thanks for all you do for us.
I also sometimes question whether we've made the right decisions about age, country, etc. Luckily, like you, I have a great guy who seems to know the right thing to say to get me back on track. I don't have any other children, but my guess is that people who experience pregnancy have similar moments of panic? It seems like adoption just gives us more to panic about. Anyway, you're not alone!
ReplyDeleteBtw, I noticed the comment on family in IN. We currently live in South Bend, and I'm originally from just south of Evansville (Henderson, KY).
Good luck with finishing the dossier docs!
Oh, our blog is http://peep-eye.blogspot.com
All the best,
Christina