Monday, December 05, 2011

Monday, Monday

After having hubs home for 5 glorious days in a row I'm sad that another work week has started. I told him the requirement for his next job will be a four day work week. Wouldn't that be bliss? Anyway, no more complaining. I just really like when he is around. Things run more smoothly. But alas, the kids are back to being stuck with their mama. As I type, my six year old is sitting next to me doing math. B wants to also homeschool like his brother so he's writing letters.

We decorated the house for Christmas this weekend. The tree is up, filling the house with the yummy smell of pine. The boys had a blast hanging all their ornaments and haven't stopped touching them since. One by one, the boys bring me broken Christmas ornaments and decorations. Nope, it's not irritating at all (sigh...).

My goal every December is to just embrace the month and keep things as simple as possible with minimal activity. This is one of my favorite times of the year (although since moving south we are missing such a huge part of the season - SNOW) and I dislike when it passes by too quickly. So operation December is under way and I'm hoping to do some baking for the neighbors & actually send out Christmas cards this year. I also love doing puzzles. There is something so relaxing about a cozy room, sitting at the table with a huge puzzle in front of you with the tree lit up in the background. The boys and I put together the Polar Express puzzle this weekend. I have 2 little ones that take it very seriously and the extra hands are helpful.

Our close family & friends are aware but I have failed to mention in the online world that I'm pregnant. I'll be 20 weeks this Thursday. The boys have named baby no.4 'bugsy' and seem very excited about another sibling. We've never done an ultrasound before but we will definitely be finding out whether or not bugsy is a girl or a boy this time around. It would be a really nice Christmas present Santa Claus if I was gifted with a baby girl.

I'm still searching for a midwife. I am interviewing two more this week and I'll hopefully have a decision made by Friday. I am less on the ball then ever and time has gone by quickly. We are planning another homebirth but since it's not the same CNM I used with my other 2 births I'm more nervous about choosing. Of course there is also the fact that Conner was born with forehead presentation and beat the shit out of my body on the way out. And Landon decided to come out sunny side up (professionally speaking, Posterior). I'm sure you can understand my paranoia that this baby is either going to come out with its feet or butt first.

Wishing you all happy holidays!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Very exciting! I will keep my fingers crossed it's a little girl, but you totally have this boy thing under control, so seriously, how awesome would it be to have FOUR boys?!?! And, let me tell you, as the mother of a boy and then a girl, girls are a WHOLE 'NOTHER ball game!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, girls are a whole 'nother ball game, and they also add a certain element of empathy and balance. Which is good, because what with the snottiness and manipulation ...

    Humongous congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh!!!!! Congrats! SO happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! We are very happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. seriously OMG.

    Blown away. Congrats dear, and I hope you aren't too sick and that things go smoothly for baby and you.

    WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was there so you could describe with all of your hand mementos exActly what you're talking about. ;)

    So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOO happy for your family !!!! Having boys and girls, girls are definetly more "dramatic " !!!

    Sooo funny that we were pregnant at the same time last time and that we are pregnant again at the same time this time around !!! We both had boys last time so it will be fun to see what we will both have.... you will probably know before us since we are not finding out the gender !

    I will keep checking your blog to find out !!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! So excited for you. Hope you're enjoying the feeling of little kicks and hiccups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And here I was just coming to wish you all happy holidays. Much, much happiness for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm loving the comments here about girls vs. boys. I have no experience, but I'll vote girl. Balance is good, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear friend, glad your newest addition finally made the blog :-) I'm anxiously anticipating the gender reveal as well--sneaking suspicion it's a girl, but a boy would have a ball in your family. Either way, it's a baby, and that's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!! I hope this month is full of joy and simplicity for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete