I'm still here and still neglecting the blog. I've not picked up my computer for well over a week and barely at all the past month. I've not read all the blogs I love for weeks. And pretty much have neglected to do much of anything on the internet. It's been a nice and much needed break. We traveled to Florida to see hub's family early November and had a wonderful time. It included lots of rest & relaxation and was enjoyed by all. Shortly after that trip we headed back to the hoosier state to see family for thanksgiving and attend my cousin's wedding. On the way back home we popped up our camper in a rest area to sleep (first time for that and it was a complete success). And since our return we've kicked homeschooling into high gear thanks to some serious slacking on my part. However, C is doing fabulous and we'll be able to tackle first grade in no time. He's doing a great job reading and is loving math. And I've even been surprised by how much I'm enjoying spending the time teaching him. It's been a lot of fun and I have all sorts of ideas for the younger two. I've found a peace with motherhood and it feels good. Bad moments still come and go but that's to be expected. I'm enjoying my role and trying my best to cherish these moments with the boys before time gets away from me.
It's always a struggle for me to share some of my more intimate thoughts on my blog. In person, I'm an open book. So much in fact I probably make people uncomfortable. But writing about adoption, attachment, Ethiopia, depths of motherhood, my lovable Nater, poverty, abuse, etc is so difficult for me. It seems too personal and private to share via the web. But maybe one day the walls will come crumbling down and the words will flow...
I enjoy reading about you and your boys because you live soooo far away. Even if it's just a post full of pictures.
ReplyDeleteI still can't stop smiling or laughing at how adorable Conner was last weekend...you have great kids Chan! And well behaved!
Manda
I would love to hear your thoughts on all those things!
ReplyDeleteHope
You have an amazing holiday season!
I was just telling my friend Amber how my friend Chandra does natural birth planning. It was not nearly as animated or brilliant as your explanation. I miss you, friend. Why the hell didn't your travels bring you to the great state of Ioway?!?!?
ReplyDeleteSo happy that you've found peace with motherhood, amiga. You are a beautiful, tenacious mother, truly. And you're funny as hell in an open-arms kind of way.
ReplyDeleteJust happy to read what you've been up to.
Hey, I've stalked your blog for awhile now. Hope that's not scary. :)
ReplyDelete1. "I've found a peace with motherhood and it feels good." That's a beautiful statement. I hope it becomes true of me.
2. I'm pretty much the opposite. In real life I'm introverted, but on the blog I vomit all of my personal details out. Strange....