Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday again

My last post was exactly 2 weeks ago. Apparently, blogging is part of my procrastination on Monday mornings. Mondays are a day I normally dread but since we are down to six short days before Christmas, every day will be spent in bliss before the season soon passes. Yesterday we spent the day making yummy desserts (no bake cookies, puppy chow and caramel corn) for our neighbors. Then we wrapped up the day by watching Home Alone with the kids and putting out a bunch of snack food. We realized five minutes into it we didn't pick the most kid friendly movie with words like jerk, ass, stupid, idiot, and of course they were scared shitless at the thought of Kevin being home alone. But by the end they were laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes. So we may keep it on the Christmas movie list for next year. I really do love this time of year and I'm always so sad to see it end on 12/26. Yesterday the boys and I put together Polar Express puzzle (300 piece) and I'm still amazed at how swift Landon & Biruk are with puzzles. It's a lot of fun having helpers with the bigger puzzles now.

We had the ultrasound for Bugsy and we can officially announce "IT'S A GIRL!!!". It was our first time ever doing an ultrasound and it was a lot of fun. The first 30 minutes after she told us I kept saying "he" because I've spent the entire pregnancy convincing myself I'm having a boy. With three boys already in the mix you can't blame me for not wanting to get my hopes up. If I allowed myself any glimmer of hope I'd quickly suppress the thought and move on with my day. But for 24 hours after the ultrasound I randomly (and still do) let out squeals of joy and soon realized how much I had truly wanted a girl. And it's for REAL! Eeeeeek. So, things are about to change around here and though we'll still be outnumbered I will now have another girl in the house! The boys are super excited and we are starting to think about baby names.

We just finished up over 2 weeks of sickness in the house. Jus this weekend both Landon & Biruk were curled up with Nathan & myself with fevers. Conner was taken down by a wicked cough. But everyone seemed to be on the mend by yesterday and today they all seem 99%. May all the nasty viruses/bacteria finally come to an end. Somehow Nathan & I came out unharmed but I'm not out of the woods yet. With my luck, I'll be sick over Christmas.

I still haven't mailed out any cards yet. If you want to be added to the card list just let me know and I'll get your address. They may not arrive until New Years but I'm determined to send them out because I've been wanting to do them the past five years and never get them done. This year I'm getting rid of all the cards I bought on clearance and stored for the past five years.

I'll conclude with some pics of Bugsy. And while I'm biased I still understand that it's a 20 week old fetus and only as cute as she can be at that age. But I do love her little feet crossed, her cute little hand and sweet face.

Happy Holidays to all of you! It may be 2012 before I blog again.




16 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys. :) I'd love to be on your Christmas card list! My email is alison.citron@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I don't even know you other than stalking your blog, but I wanted to say I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! A girl, a delightful girl! Howt lovely!

    Also, it might not be 100% kid-appropriate, but Home Alone is a Christmas classic. It's like Greatest Moments of America's Funniest Videos or Tom and Jerry cartoons. Who doesn't like all of that comical violence?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    How did I miss this announcement in the last post? Sheesh.
    COngratulations to you on a girl. I am excited for you to join the crazy family of 6 phase. It is awesome.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like you!!! ;)

    Please consider "Tesi" as a great girls name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Makes me so, so, so happy for you!! She's going to fit perfectly in to your family! YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a sweet little girl! I have a feeling yours will be quite the tomboy with three older brothers. :) How fun!! Congratulations and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy carp! This is what happens when I take a hiatus from reader. I will try and call you soon, despite the holiday craziness. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrl!! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please consider "scooping it up" as a lovely girl's name. ;) So great! Having a girl keeps me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been waiting for this post so I could congratulate you! Haley told us at Christmas and I didn't want to leave a comment until you announced it.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:32 AM

    Chandra, I am so excited for you!!! Although I highly suggest choosing another name for her ;-)
    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's BEAUTIFUL!! Felicitaciones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! Wowza a girl?! I would have no idea what to do with a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been away from the computer too long. YOU'RE FREAKIN' PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you. And a girl! Woo hoo!!!! I can't wait to meet her someday. Lots of love and hugs to you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on your baby girl !!!!!!! SOOO excited for you all ! You have to post more as I love to read your blog and don't often find anything new to read LOL...

    keep in touch

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, how cool are those pictures?! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete