Monday, February 14, 2011

All in the name of love

DISCLAIMER: This post falls into the category of TooMuchInformation.
WARNING: TMI, TMI, TMI
LAST CHANCE: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Before getting the boys tucked in for bed I decided to take a bath. I was tired & wanted to do it before time got away. The boys are calmed down enough by this time of the night that I have little to fear as far as them getting into trouble. Plus the littlest had already fallen asleep at 5:30 with a fever in my bed. So I had no more than ran my water, lay my head back and C & B are inquiring whether or not I'm going poop or taking a bath. I inform them that I'm actually taking a bath and could I please just relax. Conner then says "well I have to take a poop" (which means he would need wiped). He then says he doesn't have to go bad so he'll hold it. Keep in mind I'd been in the tub a total of five minutes at this point. 2 more minutes pass and Biruk informs me he has to poop. There is no negotiating with a 3 year old so what do I tell him? "Fine, poop in here". Nothing says Valentine's day like sharing a small bathroom with one pooping while you soak in the tub. And there were NO candles burning. Gross. So I did my mom duties and he was on his way. 2 more minutes passes and Biruk is back "mom, Conner is done pooping". Me: "Tell Conner to wipe his own butt" (no time like the present). 1 minute passes and Biruk is back "Mom, Conner done pooping he needs you". Me: "Biruk, please tell Conner to wipe his own butt". His response "I wipe Conner's butt mom" and off he runs. So I gave up, grabbed my towel and headed upstairs to wipe yet another butt within 10 minutes of trying to take a bath. Guess what we'll be doing this weekend?
Butt Wiping 101 (advice welcomed)

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:56 PM

    Your blog post made my Valentine's Day seem great :) I didn't have to wipe anyone's butt while I took a bath. Hopefully next year will be a little better.

    Kujo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though it only really would have been bad if I had to hear about you pooping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha. Isaac waits until I'm eating my lunch to go. Every. Single. Day. Even if I don't eat until 3:00. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:51 PM

    Gross! How about some kind of warning if you are going to write a post like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:53 PM

    Where was your stupid husband? Shouldn't he have taken care of this? Valentine's day should be YOUR day! What a dummy he must be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:51 PM

    what is with those anonymous comments?

    are they kidding or being sarcastic? because, um, you did warn.

    i hear you sister friend.

    i am up to my freaking armpits in poop.

    today the four year old had a random poop accident, the first in a looong time.

    i seriously said "toss those undies in the trash. i don't want to deal with them."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently had a sink or swim moment with my oldest on the whole bottom wiping thing. She swam. More or less. I choose to focus on the more.

    Motherhood, ain't it glamorous! ;)

    ReplyDelete