Monday, January 19, 2009

My newest favorite....

Oreo cookies. By themselves, with ice cream, or a glass of milk. They bring me great joy. Yum, yum! Moving on....

All 3 of the kids are in their beds. 1 is sleeping, 1 is reading or playing with cars, and the third is whining. I enjoy moments like this. They are few and far between but when it happens, I love it! The sun is shining, the laundry & dryer are running in the background and dishes need to be done. But I'm happy. I am thankful that my crazy days of strongly disliking (aka hating) being a SAHM are becoming less frequent and I'm getting more of a grip on my life. I think it's mostly a result of Landon becoming a little more independent and not in my arms 24/7. That is a big help. Not to mention the support of my mom & sisters. They listen to me vent and offer their advice. I am grateful for that. And when hubby's workday comes to an end, I have his help. And when bedtime rolls around, and his arms are wrapped around me I forget what I could possibly be upset about. We are blessed.

The thing about motherhood is it changes by the second. In 3 hours I may want to strangle my husband, be pissed at one of my sisters, and the screams of my wee ones may send me running to the laundry room with my hands over my ears. But for now, I'll write about a good moment (and the simple joy a cookie can bring).

6 comments:

  1. I love the happiness, even in little bits, that each day brings. :)
    YOU ARE blessed.
    I haven't had an oreo in soooo long. Maybe a trip to the store tomorrow???
    You should get out the blower and do funny face pictures again. That is true happiness my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double-stuff dipped in milk. Mmmmmm!

    You are blessed, but I know what it's like to have "those days". And it gets easier and easier as they become more independent. I'm glad you have your sisters and mother to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:08 AM

    Happy Birthday, that's a nice post, enjoyed it.

    Keel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:57 AM

    AMEN, sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to quiet moments with chocolate cookies. Though, my drug of choice is cookie dough...

    Here's to loving the stage we're in. Because if you blink, it's all gone by too fast anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:07 PM

    It's not an easy job, especially as young and close together as they are. I hope your bday was nice and relaxing. Call anytime, you always listen to me. Remember what I told you if we lived closer I could help more. :)

    Kujo

    ReplyDelete