Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dreams...

Last night, or rather early this morning (an hour before the kids wake up and I'm finally in REM sleep) I had a rather strange dream. I was back at my old place of employment and had been offered a 2 different positions One of the positions included an office with floor to ceiling windows of this spectacular view with the more serious co-workers. The others involved the goofballs of the company (which would mean I would get nothing accomplished). Anyway, I'm racking my brain trying to decide if it was worth putting the kids in daycare to take this sweet job. I'm walking down the hall and Genevieve (Dear Genevieve from HGTV) was doing all sorts of crazy exercises (apparently she was the fitness instructor). Thankfully I woke up to Landon's cries at that point (before Genevieve made me do some lunges). I laid in bed for a few moments wondering what position I would have taken and where this dream came from. I'm guessing it had to do with the following;

- I watch too much HGTV
- I fantasize about not being a SAHM apparently too often
- I love windows and being able to see the outdoors
- I miss work. I miss using my brain and interacting with other adults
- insert your own thoughts here :)

Better get to bed, not sure what's in store for me tonight in my dream world.

5 comments:

  1. See, you need to be a massage therapist!! You can work 8 hours a week, bring in LOTS of money, and use your brain as a counselor as people tell you all sorts of crazy things. :)
    I really do love my part time job!@hee hee

    Here is to a season of being a mommy, and maybe something else down the way.

    Dream something fun dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've had tons of those dreams in the 9 years I've been a SAHM and I have no desire whatsoever to return to work and put the kids in daycare. So I have no idea why I have those dreams.

    I heard that if you dream you're pregnant that it actually has nothing to do with you being pregnant but means something totally different. Maybe you just had a salami and pickle sandwich last night while you were watching HGTV? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not gonna lie. I love my children, but there are days when work seems to clear of head of all the other stress of being a mother. Stress at work pales in comparison. You're probably just responding to all the stress of being a mom. Find an outlet - maybe that's work, but maybe it's just something else some evenings. Leave Nate at home with these for a few hours by himself at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:59 AM

    Thanks a pantload for the suggestion, Hoolie. Chandra, I'll settle for you having these dreams over the ones where I am a low life scum (more so) and apparently treat you like crap. You haven't woken up mad at me for something I did in your dream for a long time.

    -Chandra's Husband

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:33 AM

    Chan, I've had a re-occurring nightmare from birth (I guess) until I was 38 or so. Several times a year I dream I'm deathly afraid of really high on-ramps, maybe 80 feet up, and a little narrow. These dreams were horrific!

    One day I woke up and asked myself, "Why do I have these dreams if I purposfully seek out these ramps on my motorcycle and take them at 65 mph?" These dreams stopped for a couple years, just like that!

    -Curt

    ReplyDelete