Friday, January 09, 2009

Just a few things...

I didn't know when deciding to become a mom.

-food and spit up on my clothes, no matter what time of day it is.
-that as soon as I wash and change my sheets, that there would soon be a pee/poop stain
-that I would actually sleep on those sheets b/c I'm too tired to change them
-how much I would dread making dinner every night
-that showers and brushing your teeth become a luxury

but, I also didn't know
-how much I could possibly love these tiny little beings (that cause all of the above)
-how sweet they look when they are sleeping
-how much more I would fall in love with my husband
-how contagious a smile and laugh would be
-that when I lay down in bed at night I would only remember all the good things that day (and forget the majority of moments that made me crazy)

8 comments:

  1. "showers and brushing your teeth become a luxury" Amen sister... from one stinky Mama to another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:38 PM

    You liar:)

    Keel

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good totally outweighs the bad, doesn't it? It has to. The bad is really, REALLY, REALLY bad sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that you just caused some poor person to consider having one MORE kid! Ha!

    I love being a mom, but it is hard. I didn't take a shower until 11 this morning, and when I got out I found ginger powder all over my kitchen and the cake for tonight eaten with a spatula! :) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:42 AM

    that's sooo sute

    kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:43 AM

    okay that was suppose to be cute, my eyes suck, especially at night-

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you get to shower?? lucky gal! tarah is right, you just caused me to get a third...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you...I totally loath cooking supper. Blech.

    ReplyDelete