Thursday, November 13, 2008
That'll teach me...
One piece of advice that has been given to me repeatedly since I've been a mother is "sleep when they sleep" (regarding nap time). Most of the time Conner doesn't nap and Landon and Biruk are rarely in sync during nap time. Not to mention the fact that when they are sleeping it's prime time for me to clean, eat or relax for a few minutes. However today Biruk was taking his usual nap and Conner needed to rest since he was up late last night. So I layed down with him for a few minutes (which made me realize how tired I was) and then I decided to lay down with Landon and nurse him to sleep. My eyes closed and I woke up an hour later to Biruk talking in his crib. I got up to check on Conner who was going poop. Perfect timing (so I thought). Then I realized there was poop all over his pants (but on the outside). Okay, what the heck. So I asked him what was going on. Instead of trying to quote my three year old I will tell you this. He decided to wipe his own butt (most likely b/c I was sleeping) and used his pants and towels b/c there was no toilet paper in his bathroom. He said to me "toilet paper is hard to find mom. It was just an accident". I looked at him and said "it sure was. It's not a big deal". Why so calm? Because while I was passed out my 3 year old was walking around with poop in his butt looking for some toilet paper. I learned my lesson. No more naps for mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:) Love it! Totally a mom of three story.
ReplyDeleteConnor sounds like Chandler. Responsible in all situations. A little poo on pants never hurt anyone.
That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteEr...that must have been fun to clean up. That Connor. He's a riot.
ReplyDeleteHa Ha! I can picture you waking up to this. Go ahead and nap just make sure you leave toilet paper available
ReplyDeleteDid we ever tell you the story about daycare and the poopy underwear? We can relate.
ReplyDeletethat story still cracks me up
ReplyDeletekelsey
Too funny... I love stories from other moms of 3 :)
ReplyDeleteLisa