I know, I know. I've been totally slacking in the blog department. I have a wonderful excuse though. I'm overhauling the house. That's right. I've been going through every nook and cranny and hauling off a ton of donations to a local charity. It feels wonderful to clean the house of clutter and to simplify things. The less we own, the less there is to pick up and keep clean. I like this theory actually.
Not to mention I've been keeping up with the normal cleaning schedule which is hardly possible to manage (ya know, with three little ones and all). Today I did manage to clean the carpet in one bedroom and wash the hardwood floors in the dining room. Big project there folks.
As for the kids, they can bring out the best in me and the worst. Little Landon LOVES to be held and as soon as I remove him from my arms he lets out this awful scream that makes you believe he is certainly hurt. When in realty, he is just terribly spoiled and wants his mama. Biruk overall is pretty happy go lucky unless he is hungry or tired. He is my curious child though and will climb anything he can get his leg up on and still loves to eat anything he can find. Conner is quite the helper these days and keeps me in check most of the time.
But when the day finally comes to an end and they are all snug in their beds, I know, I would not want it any other way. They are too precious for words and watching them develop relationships and become the best of friends has been so rewarding and enjoyable. I said to Conner the other day "aren't you so glad you have your younger brothers?". His response was "Yeah. I love Biruk. I'm so happy he didn't have to go back to Ethiopia". Me too!!
That is so sweet. So, you wanna come here and help me get rid of my clutter too?
ReplyDeleteIt warms my heart when you talk like this. You're speaking my love language...organization, baby. LOVE it.
ReplyDelete