Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Life with 4


Life has become even more than I could have ever imagined thanks to my sweet girl.  For a long time I had my guard up and told people that boys were easy and I was scared to be a mother to a daughter.  I think I was trying to convince and prepare myself in case we never had a daughter.  I told myself parenting boys was wonderful, who needs a daughter?  And it was.  And still is.  But our life has been touched in a way I can't put into words.  She is the light of all of our lives and can bring a smile to any of our faces with just one look.  The boys adore her even more than I imagined they would.  And her dad.  Well let me just say that "daddy's girl" is a understatement.  He would go to the moon and back for her.  And it only makes me love him even more.  

You don't know the impact your child is going to have on your life until after they join you.  I can't imagine life without any of my four children and lately I've been so overcome with gratitude to have this job.  My life has slowed down significantly over the past couple years and I've appreciated motherhood more than ever.  My house is messier than ever and my heart fuller than I could have ever hoped.  Today, while at a program at the library, I watched C sit behind B at the library and he had his arms wrapped him.  They sat on the floor together the entire program with C letting him know the entire time he was right there with him.  It was so touching to observe it.  So often, while at the park, library, or playdates my boys walk together hand in hand.  They already have such a strong bond and I hope it only continues to get stronger as the years pass.  

Here are a few pics I just downloaded from my phone tonight.  Time is passing by quicker than I'd like.

Her sweet feet.  Could they be any cuter?

Her 2nd camping trip.  She laid in the pack n play over an hour while we set everything up; staring at the sky and loving the fresh air.  We have spent hours upon hours on our back porch because my girl LOVES the outdoors (and I couldn't be more thrilled about this).  


Yet another picture of one feeding the other.  This has been going on since they were babies and it cracks me up.  


One of many pictures of their multiple costumes.


Sleeping on Gma's lap.


Smiling at her proud cousin (who is thrilled to no longer be the only niece).


Love this face!


Yummy!


What is it about checking on your kids before going to bed and overcome with an overwhelming love for them?


The block tower they built for their uncle.  


The best big brother ever!


My sweet girl is losing all her baby hair.  
                                     

Enjoying a peaceful evening outside. 


Watching this sky!


One of her many faces.


My two look-a-likes.  


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute, Chan! Is that a bit of red in her hair?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you!!! She is so beautiful. I wanna squeeze her cheeks!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:53 AM

    Chan! I cannot get over how big the boys are getting! And your sweet baby girl...adorable :) Glad to hear all is going well and you all look so happy!! miss you!

    Nicole C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chandra, She is so gorgeous! Your family is growing up and big!! :)
    Hugs!
    Tarah

    ReplyDelete