The blog. I have many days that I think about shutting down the blog. But then I remember that it is almost six years old and it seems unfair to shut it down. It holds so many memories that if it weren't for this blog I would have long forgotten. But I can tell I'm having a harder and harder time coming on here to write the truth. I have a journal I keep and it's much easier vomiting the truth on that with no one to judge me. So I'll continue to try to keep up with this at a very slow pace and one day I'll look back at it and surely be glad I held onto it.
Life has been good. Probably better than it has ever been for me (minus the raging hormone swings that occasionally come on full force) as a mother. I contribute it to the boys getting older. I dig my kids at this age. They are a lot of fun. Homeschooling has been so much fun and C's reading in the past few months has taken off. We curl up in my bed every day for phonics. Some days we are finished in an hour, the next day it make take us two. But the reward of homeschooling has been so wonderful. He's now reading chapter books and pronouncing words I'd never expect. I love it! We are hoping to have first grade finished before the baby gets here and he can take a break until we kick start 2nd grade. B is a complete sponge when it comes to school. He's only four but has known for sometime all his ABC's and writes his own name, along with Buddy's name (his security sheep). He writes it on all the pages he colors or homeschool sheets he accomplishes. He asked me once to show him how to write his name and since then has done it on his own. He's my most independent and it has been fun to watch him as a parent. He's ready to start school so I'm going to order his Kindergarten books and get it started while his enthusiasm and passion for learning is so high! As for L, the kid is hilarious. He'd much rather entertain with made up words like "fart-fick-a-doo". I can show him any letter or number and ask him again one minute later and he's already forgotten. And since he's only 3 we'll evaluate him later. It's funny, I always thought him & B would be in the same grade because of their 8 month age difference but I've realized that B will probably be a grade ahead. This is the most structured we've been with homeschooling and it's been good for all of us. While C & I work on school, B & L have developed such a bond and have become quite the buddies. They play with legos, wooden blocks or color for hours. It's been so much fun watching their relationship develop. We took a field trip to an aquarium last week. We are going to start frequenting the library more because of C reading chapter books and who doesn't love reading new books. And our membership to the science museum has been a wonderful tool for learning. We have plans to go there Thursday. As they get older we can broaden our trips to include visits to historical places, museums, national parks and much more. I'm so thankful for homeschooling and I think it's going to fit this crew very well!
Something else that has changed in the past few years is my desire for other interaction with adults. With the boys getting older I find I crave it so much less. C and I talk throughout the day while homeschooling or him asking questions and all three boys have become awesome gamers! So we play Uno, Sequence, and me & the 2 younger boys love puzzles! I have found with all these changes my days are less frustrating and much more enjoyable. That being said, it makes me nervous that sweet little 'bugsy' is about to rock my world. Let's hope not.
My boys need fed and the day must begin. Until next time, wishing you all happy days with those you love!
Loved the update! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteNo shutting down blog! I love that your wees are turning into little interactive, smart people, kudos to you, Mama Love C.
ReplyDeleteI love this update! I just came by to tell you I've been thinking about you and hoping all is well. Funny that we just went to the science museum here today, but I can't comment on that post for some reason. Six years! Wow.
ReplyDelete