Thursday, September 23, 2010

Better late, than never (or not)

The blog is taking the back burner lately. My friend Christina couldn't have said it better, "it's a labor of love". I love my blog, but at the end of the day it just feels like too much work to blog. And every time I sit down to write, my brain (which seems to be worthless lately), can hardly form complete sentences. Not to mention all the ideas and memories I want to document and preserve and deciding what to write makes it even harder. And again with the mom brain. That damn mom brain. Tell me I'm not alone? Please anyone whose life consists of dishes, groceries, laundry, cleaning, wiping butts, reading preschool books, washing hands, organizing, etc tell me I'm not alone!! I remember as a child watching my mom struggle with words while yelling at us kids (all eleven of us) and at that moment I remember thinking - why does she always get her words all mixed up. And now I get it. I've become my mother. My mom is smart. Very, very smart. The point is simply this, I use as much brain power as I can with my current life as a mother (and I've become quite efficient at it) but the other parts of my brain have turned to mush and it frightens me sometimes. So don't fault me as a blogger. I will try to write more I just want to warn you that it might not make sense to anyone except myself, my husband and my siblings (and of course my mom). I lack patience and tend to quickly write my post and move on to the next task at hand. Which is just how I roll. So roll with me readers! And enjoy the ride. May the new (Ethiopian) year bring lots of blog posts, stories and photos!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:24 AM

    "Is it not a problem that a woman have a smaller brain than a Man?"

    -Borat

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone...I am struggling to write complete sentences too, and my blog is taking a hit too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH !!! I check your blog everyday for updates.... and well tonight when I saw that you have commented on mine I was SURE you had put up something on your blog and I was RIGHT !!!!!!

    And you are not alone :) With 4 kids, our daycare in our home, me doing a college course .... our life consist of all the same wonderful things as you... including wiping butts and lots of them here LOL :) but at the end of the day its SOOo worthwhile wouldn't you agree !!!!

    Missed you too.. glad you are back !

    Any more additions planned in the future ???I keep thinking you are going to annouce you guys are expecting again....

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are totally not alone! I for one will take any update you have time to post. Cute boys are getting big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's takes a brave soul to wipe someone else's hiney.

    ReplyDelete