Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fun filled fall days...

The sun finally decided to come out today. It was this afternoon and Conner and I could not get outside fast enough. By the time we were ready, Biruk was up from his nap and the three of us headed out for some Vitamin D. I swept off the driveway and the kids rode around on their tricycles. Eventually I realized I should probably mow the lawn since I have no clue how long the sun will be sticking around. Landon woke up not long after I started so I brought him out to join us. And of course while I mowed they couldn't just watch and play with their toys. They found the one muddy spot in the yard and covered their hands in mud. At one point I saw Landon taste it and I had to stop what I was doing to clean him up and get him some water. It never fails as a parent. To get one task done, you have to let them make another mess. For example, I fed them lunch the other day and headed upstairs to clean their morning mess. When I came back down Biruk had thrown his pbj (tiny pieces) all over the floor. I let them make a mess, to clean up a mess. Anyway, the yard is mowed and then when Nathan got off work we headed out on our bikes to ride on the trails and to check out a couple parks. Unfortunately I don't have any photo's but we had a great time! Came home later than we expected, grilled some dogs and brats and had a fun dinner with the boys. It was a great night and it's times like these that I don't want to forget and hopefully we'll have some more fall fun!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the joys of trying accomplish any task with little ones around. I don't miss the messes, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Fall is such a pleasant time of the year. Miss you woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Post more videos of the kids, I'm going through withdraw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, when Tim came home from work last night, I ranted on and on about how it is impossible to clean anything with a 2 year around because while you're cleaning one mess, he's either destroying what you just cleaned or making a new mess entirely. I mean, seriously, what is the freakin' point? This is why my house is always a mess. What is the secret? Not everyone's house is as messy as mine!! Are their kids cleaner than mine? Is it a boy thing? Can girls' moms keep their house picked up?? AAAcccckkk!!!! So frustrating. Glad to hear I'm not the only one :).

    ReplyDelete