Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The 'sooner' the better

Life in Oklahoma is treating us well. We had a gloomy first week but now the sun is shininng with temps in the 70's. We are loving our time outside and getting acclimated to our new home. Conner said "I love Oklahoma mom. Can we stay here forever?". Poor kid is on his 4th house in less than 4 years, soon to be 5th. We are on the hunt for our home and hoping to find something that will suit us for a very. long. time. Home sweet home for the first time ever. I know we've lived in 3 houses but we are hoping this will actually feel like a home. Who knows, maybe we'll even hang a picture on the wall :). It just feels right here, like it's going to be a permanent thing. At the previous places we knew it wasn't going to be a long term thing so we never liked to get too settled. Here I find myself imaging ourselves in our next house with the boys heights marked on a board, a playset out back and yard for them to run around in for years to come. A place for us to grow old. Maybe it's all crazy talk and we'll leave in five years but I'm hoping that's not the case. There is a lot to offer living near a big city. Opportunities we did not have in our small town in Missouri. And it is much more diverse. While we had a positive experience with Biruk before I am looking forward to a much more diverse crowd around him.

The 2 younger boys are having a harder time adjusting. Biruk slept with us last night and Landon was up for over an hour crying. A combination of teething an unfamiliar, dark room. Which makes us even more anxious to get out of our rental and find a permanant place for them so they can adjust even sooner. I hate for them to get to too comfortable and have to uproot them all over again. We will see though.

Nathan is doing wonderful as usual. He's not one to complain about much of anything and I'm sure will adjust to his new territory without any problems. He's just that kind of guy. He's been putting in some early mornings and he had to travel last week for 4 days. He'll be gone next week but once he hands off his Missouri territory to a co-worker that will take away some stress.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and words. It was definitely worth the stress and anxiety to move here. The boys are having a blast and becoming bigger and busier every day. A handful of toys no longer keeps them content. It's mess after mess in the house or dirt, sand and water outdoors which always end in a bath. But I'm glad to see them having so much fun. More updates and photo's to come.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad things seem to be coming together. The boys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete