Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Little man is so sad...

Last night I told Conner I was taking down the Christmas tree just to warn him so he wouldn't be upset when he woke up. He objected and lucky for him it didn't get done. So this evening I told Conner again. He said "oh mom. I'm so sad that we have to take the tree down". I told him I was too and that we had to because the tree would eventually die b/c I wasn't very good at watering it. Then he proceeded to tell me he was so sad that the Christmas tree had to die. We talked about how sad we both were that Christmas season was going to be over and that we had to take down the tree. He then said "mom, let's listen to Christmas music". A child after my own heart. I love it! The Christmas season passed way to quickly in this home. And I didn't find my Statler Brother's cd until after Christmas (which I'm pretty sure hubby hid from me :)).

However, it's now time to focus for the new year. I am not one to make New Year's Resolutions and this year is no exception. But I do have high hopes for another wonderful year with my hubby and 3 beautiful boys. I wish for health, happiness, memories to be made and most of all an uneventful year with no surprises.

Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

  1. Connor reminds me of my Lily. She wanted Z and Carver to be a part of her "never hurt trees" club. What a sweet heart he has.

    My hair? An inverted bob. It's super short in the back (which makes me happy since I like it short) and long in the front, which looks better on me than short hair. Thanks for your compliments!

    And when your kids are older, you will be great at getting them out of the house! When I still had kids in diapers, we spent most of our time at home. ((Hugs!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We leave all the Xmas decorations up until Jan. 7th (Ethiopian Christmas) to honor Marlie's heritage. Or atleast we use that as an excuse to keep the decorations up longer. :)

    Happy New Year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:37 AM

    Don't mislead your readers, you know I didn't hide your hillbilly Christmas music. Looking forward to the New Year with you.

    Love,
    Nater

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you guys at Christmas. Hope it was a good one for you.

    Honestly, Chandra, when have you EVER been able to go a whole year without creating your own "surprise" or making your life "eventful?"

    Good luck with that one...

    ReplyDelete