Thursday, December 22, 2016

potty training

I can't believe I am actually saying this but our diaper buying days may soon be over.  OT has been peeing on potty for a while but like most little peeps, he has been withholding his poop.  He kept saying all day "poop on potty" but every time we'd put him on the toilet he would freeze.  This evening we put his little potty chair in the kitchen and he finally decided to use it.  He ran to tell his sister (which we overheard) and all six of us came running into the kitchen to cheer him on.  I couldn't help but notice what a different environment it was for him vs his older siblings.  Life may get more chaotic with more kids and we definitely do not get the one on one time we would like and need with our children but the bond among siblings and the love they share is priceless.  I could not have been more proud sharing that moment with some super special people.  And after months of bribing him with a promise of a "mammer" (hammer) we ran to the bedroom and grabbed his hammer out of the Christmas gifts pile.  When hubs pulled it out from behind his back OT said "bang bang".  When I asked him whose hammer it was he said "mine".  He could have cared less about his cookie and headed down in the basement to mammer in some nails.  We are SOOOOOO thrilled to almost be done potty training!!  Way to go little dude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment