Sometimes I lay in bed at night writing up blog post in my head. Or when I'm driving in the car. Or even while making dinner, doing dishes, etc. And here we are ONE YEAR LATER and I've not documented the past year. The little dude is already ONE! And walking. And making everyone laugh every single day. He's mimicking our actions, trying to throw and kick the ball, playing peek a boo, saying hi, waving good bye, saying 'mama' on the rare occasion when he really needs to get my attention. He hugs, kisses (and makes the noise by clicking his tongue), eats with us during mealtime, but still nurses through the night. He loves any electrical cord and outlets, cabinets, playing chase, his dad, his siblings, his mama, dogs, the outdoors, socializing, and most of all LIFE. When he was a little infant I commented frequently about his smile and how the kid loved life. He reminds me daily to just live in the moment and appreciate the simple things. I'm so grateful for him. I can't imagine life without him and it took five kids for me to understand how my mom had eleven. I can see it now. If it weren't for number five I wouldn't have experienced the three older boys truly enjoying a baby in the house and sharing in all these special moments with me every day. And of course J-bird adores him. But it's different at three. The boys are big enough to really appreciate the gift of a younger sibling.
Jay-bird is awesome. I'll never forget the day I found out I was having a girl and how ecstatic I was. Little did I know how spectacular she was going to be! My independent, spit-fire, take charge, knows what she wants, hilarious, lovable, clever, witty, strong, beautiful girl! If the past three years is any indication of what the future holds- I can't wait!
My boys. Ahhh...my fabulous trio. I'm so lucky to have these three boys leading the way for the younger two. Yes they can be mischievous, indifferent, sassy, smug, cranky (and I'm only starting the sentence this way because I don't want to sound as if I'm bragging) but most the time they are considerate, kind, protective, hilarious, respectful care-free little dudes. I love them so much. Just recently we were traveling back from a trip to Indiana to visit family and I couldn't help but watch all the kids in the rear view mirror (on long, straight shots along the interstate with no traffic around of course) and smile. Me & five kids, 1200 miles in two days, one night in a camper, and they were troopers. They have their notepads and some pens/pencils. That's it. No dvds, electronics, or games. And they kick-ass on these road trips. Granted it's all they know and I start them young but it's not lost on me how damn great they are on the road. I'm so grateful that we can travel like we do. I wish I had kept track of all the miles these kiddos have traveled. In the past year alone we've been back to Indiana twice (with a third trip coming soon), pulled the popup and camped in Arizona & California, we had a family reunion at Glacier National Park and a few other camping trips in Colorado thrown in the mix. They are my little road warriors.
Perhaps it is our lifestyle that has made the kids so flexible and relaxed. We have moved (again) and while there was some resistance initially, this house has quickly become a home for all of us. Maybe it's because we are all optimistic that we will be staying put for awhile. It's the smallest and coziest space we've ever lived in and yet in some ways it is the most harmonious it's ever been. Tonight while walking on a trail by our house I watched B & L whipping all around on their rollerblades, C running all over the place to keep up and hubs passing a small ball back and forth between each of them and I felt so incredibly grateful. Meanwhile J & O were happily cruising in the stroller watching all the action. Life is good. We've had hiccups along the way, some hard months, many challenges but some of the hard work has paid off. I'm going to enjoy this moment of time before the next hurdle comes.
Jay-bird is awesome. I'll never forget the day I found out I was having a girl and how ecstatic I was. Little did I know how spectacular she was going to be! My independent, spit-fire, take charge, knows what she wants, hilarious, lovable, clever, witty, strong, beautiful girl! If the past three years is any indication of what the future holds- I can't wait!
My boys. Ahhh...my fabulous trio. I'm so lucky to have these three boys leading the way for the younger two. Yes they can be mischievous, indifferent, sassy, smug, cranky (and I'm only starting the sentence this way because I don't want to sound as if I'm bragging) but most the time they are considerate, kind, protective, hilarious, respectful care-free little dudes. I love them so much. Just recently we were traveling back from a trip to Indiana to visit family and I couldn't help but watch all the kids in the rear view mirror (on long, straight shots along the interstate with no traffic around of course) and smile. Me & five kids, 1200 miles in two days, one night in a camper, and they were troopers. They have their notepads and some pens/pencils. That's it. No dvds, electronics, or games. And they kick-ass on these road trips. Granted it's all they know and I start them young but it's not lost on me how damn great they are on the road. I'm so grateful that we can travel like we do. I wish I had kept track of all the miles these kiddos have traveled. In the past year alone we've been back to Indiana twice (with a third trip coming soon), pulled the popup and camped in Arizona & California, we had a family reunion at Glacier National Park and a few other camping trips in Colorado thrown in the mix. They are my little road warriors.
Perhaps it is our lifestyle that has made the kids so flexible and relaxed. We have moved (again) and while there was some resistance initially, this house has quickly become a home for all of us. Maybe it's because we are all optimistic that we will be staying put for awhile. It's the smallest and coziest space we've ever lived in and yet in some ways it is the most harmonious it's ever been. Tonight while walking on a trail by our house I watched B & L whipping all around on their rollerblades, C running all over the place to keep up and hubs passing a small ball back and forth between each of them and I felt so incredibly grateful. Meanwhile J & O were happily cruising in the stroller watching all the action. Life is good. We've had hiccups along the way, some hard months, many challenges but some of the hard work has paid off. I'm going to enjoy this moment of time before the next hurdle comes.
Yay! So proud of you for documenting. And your kids ARE that amazing. Miss you.
ReplyDeleteExcellent!
ReplyDeleteتیغه کرکره ای شفاف
Delete