Monday, July 07, 2014

I'm still here...

Barely.  But here.  There are no excuses for not blogging because clearly I'm on the internet plenty.  Although one excuse could be that my free time is usually after 8:30 at night and my brain is usually too tired to actually form sensible words and I lack the ability to articulate my thoughts.  Being pregnant only makes it worse.  Speaking of which, 29 weeks today.  My prediction is that he is going to be a VERY big boy!  He bounces around in there and it constantly feels like he is doing summersaults.  And he loves night time.  He is an night owl like his mama and many of his aunts & uncles (my siblings of course).  Perhaps that will change after he is born but man does he come alive around 10 o'clock at night.  It's hard to believe how quickly he will be here.  Tonight, in anticipation for a newborn, I made seven freezer meals.  I should probably mention that my motivation came from my upright freezer door being left open (thank you C & B) and I had multiple packages of hamburger, beef, and a whole chicken that were semi-thawed so hubs & I quickly cooked it all up on Saturday.  Then today made a poppyseed chicken, 3 baked spaghetti's, tatertot casserole, & 2 batches of chili.  I still have lots to make but it really wasn't that bad making all of that.  So now I'm feeling pretty ambitious about adding to the stash.  Not to mention we have half a cow coming on August 1st so I really need to empty out our current freezer inventory.  Back to today, it started off with cranky kids and an irritable mama but ended with comfort food (round steak, mashed potatoes and corn) followed by several freezer meals whipped up in less than an hour (meat pre-cooked) and finished with wicked thunderstorms with an awesome lightening show and strong winds.  Life is good!  It feels good to feel so happy about so many normal and ordinary things.  I'm glad the fog has lifted (a post for another day) and the simple pleasures have returned.  More updates I hope in the future (all the changes around the house, updates on the kids, camping, etc).  I miss you blog.  And I've missed the old me.  But I'm feeling more like that girl every day...

3 comments:

  1. love love love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Chandra! Glad to see you back on! I miss reading up on your lovely family. Congratulations on the baby :-) -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Hi Chandra! I have so missed your blog! Congratulations to you and Nate on your new addition. So very happy for you both. I would love to share the news with the Hartfiel family if it is ok with you. Hope you post some pictures some day. Would love to see how the kids have grown.
    Lori - Hartfiel Automation

    ReplyDelete