Thursday, September 15, 2011

Further Proof

While I'm a complete extrovert, an even bigger side of me is a homebody. I have no problem being cooped up inside the house all week with the exception of taking the boys outdoors. Parks, playgrounds, trails, backyard - all of them can draw me out of the house. Otherwise - fugetaboutit. I actually have joined homeschool groups so I will intentionally get out of the house for the boys and allow them to get interaction. We have plenty of playdates and while I never regret any of them, leading up to the actual event I dread it. I don't know if it's getting three kids ready, having to shower/brush my teeth & look presentable or something a psychologist could diagnose but I'm a wimp out leaving the home. I suppose I should rule out my kids because I even despise shopping of any kind, running errands, etc. Take for example, my HAIR. I've needed a cut for well over three months. And finally I called a couple of cheap salons to find out about walk-ins. But I was still to lazy to leave the house. So last night I got out of the shower, grabbed some scissors and told hubby to cut as straight of a line as he could 2 or 3 inches up. He looked at me like I was crazy and said something about having never cut hair and he wasn't really comfortable doing it. I told him there is no way it could look worse and don't sweat it. So he cut. Then I looked in the mirror, divided my hair on each side and cut off another inch or so. It's just above my shoulders and I could be happier. The layers need worked on but at least the overall length looks healthier. I'm considering saving a few bucks and you tubing 'how to cut layers' and finish it off myself. Crazy? Maybe I am. But a penny saved is a penny earned right? So tell me readers, is something wrong with me. Or are there some homebodies among you?

7 comments:

  1. I am not a homebody at all, though I HATE getting them ready to leave. And I need a pic of this hair cut. ;)

    Um,more home school ideas and tips please. Can you do a "this is what one day of life with school mixed in looks like for us" post? Thanks.

    Also, more pics of the boys.

    Have I whined enough in this comment??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam cuts my hair all the time. You're fine, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy shit. you're crazy. hahaha. Kidding.

    But isn't that what we love about you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PUT THE SCISSORS DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE MIRROR. Easy. Put them down. That's right, hand them to me.

    There. Doesn't that feel better?

    NO MORE CUTTING YOUR OWN HAIR! You are free to be a homebody, but please leave the cutting to the professionals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, hello? Homebody here. I love staying home and not leaving the house. Maybe there's a reason we have trouble getting together! :) You can come over anytime without brushing your teeth or anything. No need to get ready for me!

    But, you are brave on the hair cutting thing! I could never do it. When Ben and I were dating, I had him color my hair for me and he turned it orange. I can't do home hair anything. Kudos to you though. You have great hair. And it would look good no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photo please! Sounds like your hair must be much longer than I picture it, based on old pictures. I've tried hard to stop dying my hair and find something to do with it other than a bun or ponytail every single day. But I've failed at both. My natural haircolor + the new gray is just too depressing. I love hearing about your busy August and that you're feeling good. I'm still here & thinking of you often and love that you are home with your boys and psyched for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a WILD woman!!! Love you! I'd love to see pics.

    ReplyDelete