Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Procrastination

I have 2 online exams (read LONG essays), another multiple choice exam and a three page paper due by tomorrow night and I'm doing everything in my power to procrastinate. Why? I have no idea. I'm designed this way. Any time I have stuff I should be doing I find other things to occupy my time. Take now for example. I'm actually writing up a blog posts just so I don't know to start on my work. A blog post that is long overdue but I've had too much other crap going on to even care about the blog. Hubs & I headed back to the hoosier state to visit our families. We headed back for a couple family reunions and in addition to that I was able to spend a night up in Michigan visiting my little sister for a night and we spent multiple hours lounging around at his parents farm. He flew back after one week but the kids and I headed up to Lake Michigan to camp with my parents and sister & her kids. It was wonderful! Other than all the awful frizzies that formed a halo over my head thanks to the humidity. I'm burnt out on all the ridiculous temps in Oklahoma but I do NOT miss humidity. I forgot how suffocating it is to breath outside in that stuff. And how awful my hair looks in it. This whole time I've been growing my hair out I've been wondering why I like it so much more this time around and while visiting Indiana that question was quickly answered. Say it with me - HUMIDITY!

Also included in the trip was a fun evening at a baseball stadium with my folks and some siblings and it ended with huge grins on the boys' faces while they watched the fireworks. Conner declared it "best 4th of July ever" even though it wasn't actually July 4th. Lake Michigan was beautiful. It brought back so many memories from childhood and all the trips we made up there to camp at the state parks near or on the lake. And the day I saw the red flag I squealed like a kid and sprinted to the water. At one point I had Biruk in one arm and Landon the other as the waves crashed into us. All in all it was a great trip. But after 17 days away from home we were all happy to crawl into our beds last night. And 8 days away from their dad was too much from all of us. Hubs kept all my plants alive and had a clean house waiting for us. It's good to be home!

2 comments:

  1. awesomesauce.

    you can't neglect your blog. i'll be pissed if you do. :)

    miss you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:47 PM

    Good to have you all home. I'm supposed to be working right now, too. Our kids are doomed to be procrastinators like us.

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete