Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lucky Me

Just a few minutes ago, before heading to bed, I peeked in on the little boys. Conner was in the same position he was in 3 hours ago. And I just stared and stared thinking about how much he looked like Nathan and of course how much he acts like him (i.e. telling my moms group tonight "the noise is making me so annoyed, I am going up to my bed"). If I only had a dollar for every time someone said "he is just like Nate". Anyway, after lots of staring and thinking I made my way over to babe no.2 and stared at Biruk. Such a beautiful face! And of course, I thought of his birth parents. And I wondered what she would be thinking about right now if she could see him. If she was tucking him in right now. Who does he remind her of? Where does he get his independence? Strong-will? His beautiful smile? Energy? One million facial expressions? And I feel so lucky. So very, very, very blessed to be his mama. To be called "mama" day after day. And to be told "i love you" each and every day by 3 very special boys.

Today I was scrambling around cleaning and preparing food for the purse party I was hosting (hatiancreations.com). I felt a little stressed and overwhelmed yet the boys were putting up with it. Finally the boys starting acting out so I took the time to sit and read with all of them. They needed it; I needed it. I've finally learned that the aggression is coming from somewhere. And instead of screaming at them I've resorted to quality time and cuddling. It's been more effective for me and them! Anyway, some time had passed and I heard Conner reading to the boys. I stepped out of the kitchen to find the three of them curled up on the couch with a stack of books as Conner read to them (from memorization) with Biruk's head curled up on his shoulder and Landon listening with admiration. How did I get so luckY?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Chandra, so sweet. It's a wonderful life, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, you are lucky. But being such a great mom helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:22 AM

    ahhh thats too cute....i cracked up at conners comment about the noise annoying him....so funny

    pity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smile with complete understanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome sight. You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete