Saturday, December 08, 2007

We are almost there.....

The siding guy is here today hoping he will get it all finished. It is 40 degrees, raining and cold. With freezing rain expected tonight, tomorrow and maybe early next week. So hubby rented the blower for the attic insulation last night and we will be spending the day insulating the attic. I wish the weather would cooperate but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. So the roof is complete, the new siding matches awesome. We'll be all finished on the exterior of the house after we paint the old wood trim. As for the interior. Hubby framed in both closets so we need to put up drywall and get that finished. Then we have to finish all the baseboard and trim work. Then we will about be finished!! Woohoo. Maybe by January/February it will start looking complete.

Little man has been cracking us up. He speaks so clearly and it's hilarious to hear him talk. Hubby has been working around the house and every time he goes up the attic, little man yells; "you up high daddy. You okay daddy?". This morning he said "you are making me crazy daddy" (not sure where he learned that). LOL. Every morning he tells up he sleeps good and then asks each of us, did you sleep good mommy? Did you sleep good daddy? He loves the lights on the Christmas tree. He's 100% pee potty trained (where's a diaper to bed though) but is totally not digging the whole pooping on potty thing. No matter what we try to bribe him with. I'll be glad when we get over that hurdle.

We have an ice storm headed our way while our family in Colorado is getting dumped on with snow. What I would give to see some snow right now!! Oh well, maybe the freezing rain will look like snow......

We watched Superbad last night. And I thought it was Super Bad. I'm sure there are plenty of people who will argue with me but aside from a few good chuckles I thought it was kind of stupid. Maybe I'd like it better the second time (that's how it went for Napoleon Dynamite). I won't share my favorite part of Superbad b/c then some of you will figure out how sick I really am.

Happy Saturday to ALL!
Chatter

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:04 PM

    so what color did you go with on the siding?msuih I bet it looks so nice, post pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this weather is putting a damper on things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:01 AM

    i saw that movie, superbad, and i am pretty sure i know what part got you laughing!!!! nasty a**! that cracked me up too!! :)

    niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must post pictures of the house! I love before and afters...

    ReplyDelete